Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Joy In The Journey #5

It is so good to know that we as Christians serve a God who loves us and wants us to have a joyful, abundant filled life! Our part in this is for us to make God a priority in our lives so that we can receive the direction & wisdom from Him that we need in order to make the right choices that will lead us to His goodness. When God first created man & woman, He said they were to “Be fruitful, subdue the earth, & have dominion.” We are to strive to do the same.

In our busy society today it sometimes seems that, “Life is living us instead of us living life.” I believe that busyness is one of the enemies main tactics to keep us from enjoying the blessings of God, and also of our family and loved ones.
I have heard it said many times, “If you are too busy for God, then you are too busy.” I think we could say the same about our family relationships.

I don’t think there will ever be a person who will get to the end of their life and say, “I wish I had not given so much of my life to God” or “I wish I had not spent so much time & effort on loving my family.” That is not going to happen! However, I am sure there are plenty who get to the end of their life & wish they had done more for God & family.

Well there is nothing we can do about the past, but there is definitely something we can do about our own future. Maybe we should all take a look at how we are spending our valuable time & see if we could make some changes that will be more beneficial for God, us, and our families. I know I could!

No comments: