Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Joy In The Journey #3 ~ Cheryl

I have been talking about “Joy In The Journey.” I think it is important for us to realize that God loves us so much that He doesn’t want us to just struggle through life depressed & down & out. In fact Jesus came that we might have life AND have it more abundantly.” (John 10:10) I love that the Amplified bible says, “…Live life to the fullest, till it overflows.” That is not just talking about financially, but physically, spiritually & in every way.

The last 2 weeks I have said that in order for us to enjoy our life we must, make a choice to enjoy it, even in the routine, everyday times and also in the difficult times. I also said that we must not look at others lives & judge our own. Everyone has their own problems & weaknesses whether we see them or not.

Today I want to share what I feel is the most important aspect. That is to be sure to involve God in your everyday life! God never intended for us to struggle through life with only our own abilities & talents. He wants to be involved! He has strengths that we cannot possibly have on our own. My possibilities are so limited, but with God nothing is imposible!

When we involve Him daily through prayer & bible study, He can help us to have the wisdom to raise our children & handle our finances. He can give us the direction we need for our lives, and also the peace & strength we need to get through difficult situations. He will instruct us in making better choices. Better choices results in less regrets. There is no way to have true joy in our life without Him. He is the source of our joy!

Let me encourage you to ask God daily to be involved inyour life. Ps. 25:1 says, “Unto you O Lord , do I bring my life.” In John 15:11 Jesus says, “These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full.” He never told us we would have a perfect life, in fact he told us in John 16:33, “ These things I have spoken to you that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” Praise the Lord for that!

1 comment:

Niki said...

Thank you Cheryl! I'm glad you kept this particular topic going...God knew what I was needing to hear :)