Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A Merry Heart ~ Cheryl

A mom was concerned about her kindergarten
son walking to school. He didn't want his mother
to walk with him. She wanted to give him the
feeling that he had some independence but yet
know that he was safe.

So she had an idea of how to h andle it. She asked
a neighbor if she would please follow him to school
in the mornings, staying at a distance, so he probably
wouldn't notice her.

She said that since she was up early with her
toddler anyway, it would be a good way for them
to get some exercise as well, so she agreed.

The next school day, the neighbor and her little girl
set out following behind Timmy as he walked to
school with another neighbor girl he knew. She did
this for the whole week.

As the two walked and chatted, kicking stones and
twigs, Timmy's little friend noticed the same lady was
following them as she seemed to do every day all
week.

Finally she said to Timmy, "Have you
noticed that lady following us to school all week?
Do you know her?"

Timmy nonchalantly replied,
"Yeah, I know who she is." The little girl said,
"Well,
who is she?"

"That's just Shirley Goodnest," Timmy replied, "and
her daughter Marcy."

"Shirley Goodnest? Who the heck is she and why is
she following us? "

"Well," Timmy explained, "every night my Mom
makes me say the 23rd Psalm with my prayers, 'cuz
she worries about me so much. And in the Psalm, it
says, 'Shirley Goodnest and Marcy shall follow me
all the days of my life', so I guess I'll just have to get
used to it!"

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His
face to shine upon you, and be gracious unto you; the
Lord lift His countenance upon you, and give you
peace.
May Shirley Goodnest and Marcy be with you today
and always.

No comments: