Friday, March 7, 2008

What's for supper????

"What's for supper tonight?" If you ladies are anything like me, I'm sure this question starts weighing on your mind early in the day. In my family, like many of yours, it's a rare treat to have everyone sit down together for a hot meal. I've learned to take help wherever I can get it and I have to say that a crock-pot can be a girl's best friend. Although not the most "calorie friendly" meal, I wanted to share one of my favorite crock-pot recipes with you. I hope you enjoy it!
Sassy
Easy Gourmet Crock-Pot Chicken

Ingredients:
4 whole or 8 half chicken breasts
3 TBSP melted butter
1 package dry Italian Dressing mix
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1TBSP chopped onions
6-8 oz. cream cheese
salt & pepper
egg noodles or rice

Cut chicken into bite sized pieces & put in crock-pot. Add salt & pepper. Pour butter over chicken & add Italian dressing mix. Combine. Cover & cook on low for 4 to 5 hours.

In small sauce pan combine soup, cheese & onion. Heat until blended using a whisk. Pour over chicken & combine. Cover & cook on low for another 45 minutes. Serve over rice or noodles.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds yummy, especially for the cold weather we are having! i think i'll try it tonight!

thanks stacy!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Stacy for a great easy recipe! It was so good, even the kids liked it. Barely a crumb left for the dogs!

Ronda Simpson said...

mmmm...sounds yummy!! I'm gonna have to try this!! You know I love my crockpot!

Cheryl L. said...

Thanks for the recipe Sass! Sounds good! I'll have to try that!