Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Word For The Day

~From Norma...
Spring is just around the corner, this is my favorite time of year.
It must also be God's for He out does Himself during this time.
So many lovely flowers, trees budding and the birds singing, who can see all
this splendor and not believe there is a God. Then of course there are those
pesky weeds that seem to come from nowhere. This got me to thinking how often my life is likened to Spring. God shows me something new and exciting from His Word
and I begin to apply it to my life and sure enough something will pop up to
give me an opportunity to put my new found knowledge to work.
Just as I apply Round-Up to the weeds in my lawn and garden, I must use the
Word against whatever it is that is attempting to overtake my joy in what I
have gleaned from the Bible. I have found that unlike Round-Up that kills in 24-48 hours I must be diligent in several applications of Scripture to kill the thoughts,ideas and/or suggestions
that seem to come from who knows where ?? So while I enjoy Spring and
prepare my lawn for another growing season,I am also preparing my Spirit for a New Season in God.
No matter what the season in the natural or the spiritual I will praise Him
and give Him Glory.
My favorite Scripture says,(John 15:4&5) Jesus speaking ,"I am the vine, you
are the branches.
He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can
do nothing."
It is my prayer that each of us remain attached and bear much fruit for the
Kingdom.

No comments: