Thursday, March 13, 2008

Word For The Day

When we are born again we inherit a whole new family. I especially like having sisters in the Lord.
Being the oldest of 4 girls and getting married at a very young age, I was not very close to my sisters in our teens and early adult years. Moving 1200 miles from home in my mid 30's did not help make it any easier. Through the years I have had many "Sisters in the Lord." I have found that true sisters feel each others
pain when they are in the midst of trials. They share joy and laughter together. They understand when the pressures of life seem like they will overtake you.They stand in the gap and pray for each other.
II Cor.1:4 tells us God comforts us in our troubles, so we can comfort those in trouble with the comfort
we ourselves received from God.
This is what we are to bring to a sister who is in pain and needs comfort. To share with her in time of need the love that God so freely gives to each of us.
A Spirit filled Sister in the Lord can hear the sadness in your voice when you are trying keep your world from crashing down around you. I am so glad for Sister's in the Lord !!
She is a ministering angel sent by the Lord to bring comfort in a time of need.
Norma

1 comment:

Wanda Lee said...

I agree sisters in the Lord are like angels.
wanda Lee